- August 2014: Lone Star Ranger 2: A Ranger to Reckon With is Number One on the Amazon rankings for Children's Books - Historical Fiction- Westerns and Kindle eBooks - Children's Historical Fiction - Westerns
July 2013: Jim's got another Ranger Named Rowdy story out: Jack Bosco is now available on Amazon. One of Jim's older books, Big Bend Death Trap is now available as an e-book for Kindle and Nook.
- Also, another book signing: Wild West City, 50 Lackawanna Drive, Stanhope, New Jersey on Saturday, August 3rd from 10:30 to 6:00.
Jim was featured on Tom Rizzo's blog Storyteller's 7 on Tuesday, July 2nd. It's an interview of 7 questions, hence the title. And on Sunday, July 7th, Jim will be featured on the Romancing the West blog, this time discussing his part of Wolf Creek Book 6 - Hell on the Prairie. I'll be giving more in-depth information about his character, Bill Torrance/Ben Tolliver. The book will be released July 2nd.
June 2013: Jim's latest short story from High Noon Press: A Ranger Named Rowdy: Kidnapped, is now available on Amazon. Volume 1 in this series is now available as an audio book.
May 2013: Jim's latest short story from High Noon Press: A Ranger Named Rowdy: Old Enemies, is now available on Amazon.
April 2013: Jim's story "The Toys" from the Western Fictioneers compilation Six Guns and Slay Bells was nominated for a 2013 Peacemaker Award for Best Short Story. "The Toys" was recently featured on the Romancing the West blog.
Excerpt from an online review of "Death Stalks the Rangers" by Robert Hicks from the Arkansas City High School library:
"Because of the unpretentious, straight forward, and bare-boned story telling, especially for YA or novice pards, this novel could be a doorway to more literary and substantial "Ranger" works such as the late Elmer Kelton's Lone Star Rising Trilogy and Ranger's Law Trilogy. If you have library patrons or readers who can no longer escape with Louis L'Amour, let them ride a "Griffin".
March 2013: Jim just signed a contract with High Noon Press for a series of short stories featuring character Texas Ranger Tim Bannon. The first story, A Ranger Named Rowdy, is now available from Amazon. These will be ebooks, with the possibility of them being put together in hard copy form in the future. The Kindle Edition of Ranger's Revenge now available from Western Fictioneers.
- Jim will be making many presentations and doing a bunch of book signings over the summer. Check the list of upcoming dates here.
February 2013: Jim will be blogging on the Western Fictioneers blog on Saturday, February 2.
January 2013: Print copies of Death Rides the Rails now available!.
December 2012: Jim's latest book, Death Rides the Rails, now available as an e-book from Solstice Publishing. Print copies available soon!
Jim also contributed a short story to the Western Fictioneers holiday release, Six Guns and Slay Bells.
Gunfight reenactment and talk about the Hollywood West compared to the real West. Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:30 p.m. Torrington Public Library 12 Daycoeton Place Torrington, CT
- September 2012: Jim wrote 2 chapters in the 1st book of the new Wolf Creek series, with other members of the Western Fictioneers.
- August 2012: Book signing Saturday, September 15th, Noon to 2 p.m. at Breakwater Books, 78 Whitfield St., Guilford, CT.
- July 2012: book signing Friday, August 10th, 11 - 3, at Jersey Mike's, West Main Street on Branford Hill, Branford, CT
- June 2012 - Jim and the 2nd grade students of Killingsworth, Connecticut write a few short Ranger Tales.
- February 2012 - Jim's new book Fight For Freedom is now available in both paperback and Kindle editions!
- July 2011 - Jim will be appearing at the "Art and Author Walk" at Celebrate East Lyme on the Niantic Boardwalk in East Lyme, CT on Saturday, July 23rd, from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m. In addition to signing his books, Jim will be doing some Wild West shootout reenactments. This appearance is also a benefit for Jordan Jacques and his family.
- Benefit Booksigning for Jordan Jacques and family. Saturday, July 23rd, 9-3, Whitney Donut and Sandwich Shop, 2574 Whitney Av, Hamden, CT. Jordan Jacques is an eighteen year old from Hamden who has been battling cancer for several years. He has recently had a large tumor removed from his hip at Massachuetts General Hospital, but still faces more surgery and a lengthy treatment regimen. A portion of the proceeds of each book sold will be donated to the Jacques family. You can read more about Jordan and his fight on Facebook at Jordan's Journey.
- June 2011 - Death Stalks the Rangers reviewed in the WWA Roundup magazine.
- June 2011 - Booksigning, reading and gunfight reenactment, June 18th at the Toadstool Bookshop, Keene, NH.
- April 2011- Jim and Yankee will be appearing at the James Blackstone Memorial Library, 750 Main Street, Branford, CT on Saturday, April 2, 2011, starting at 6:00 P.M. They'll be taking part in a Mystery Theate performance, Murder at the Blackstone Dude Ranch, to benefit the Branford Chamber of Commerce charity funds.
- UPDATE - pictures from the April 2011 performance are here
- February 2011: new book Ride for Redemption now available from Condor Publishing!
- December 2010: new book Death Stalks the Rangers available now from Dancing Fox Publishing!
Booksigning at The Cheshire Horse, Route 10, North Swanzey, NH on National Day of the Cowboy, Saturday, July 24th, to benefit The Delta Society Therapeutic Animal Program.
Booksigning for National Day of the Cowboy at White Birch Books, 2568 South Main Street, (White Mountain Highway), North Conway, NH, Sunday, July 25th, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Jim and his horse Yankee will be appearing at the nationally reknowned Goodspeed Opera House
in East Haddam, Connecticut on Wednesday, May 12th from 6:00 to 7:15 p.m., as the opening act for the Irving Berlin musical Annie Get Your Gun!
Along with his riding partner Debbie McConnell and her mustang mare Joya, Jim and Yankee will be entertaining the audience with Yankee's stunts and tricks, and with a gunfight reenactment or two. They will be performing on the lawn of the Goodspeed, so the show is free to the public.
- Jim is back from his book tour! Pictures here and more here!
- Jim goes on spring 2009 book signing tour!
- Ranger's Revenge reviewed in Roundup magazine
- Big Bend Death Trap reviewed in the SASS Cowboy Chronicle
- "Branford Review" article about Jim
- Jim was interviewed in the October, 2007 "Rope & Wire" Newsletter
- Jim is now a member of the Western Writers of America
- Jim's book, Panhandle Raiders is out. For more information, click here
- The short story "Partners" has been posted at Rope and Wire. Click here to enjoy!
- Jim's new book, Big Bend Death Trap, is available from Condor Publishing, Inc. Click here for more information.